Being responsible for your employees’ and colleagues’ health and safety can be a daunting task, especially in recent years. Every organisation in the world, without exception, must practice meticulous hygiene management to protect the health and safety of their employees and visitors. Of course, each company's requirements in this area will vary depending on its specific nature and the environmental issues it faces.
This article looks at 2 products each company requires to keep a clean working environment regardless of industry.
Your 2 Most Important Cleaning Products For Keyboards and Screens
Many companies rely solely on office cleaning services to maintain health and safety requirements in the workplace. The problem with doing that is that it's often not the responsibility of office cleaning services to disinfect desks, keyboards and screens which carry some of the most bacteria in the workplace. And even if it is, they might be avoiding IT & AV equipment due to the fear of causing damage, or because employees are consistently using them.
Therefore, It’s important to identify essential cleaning products that are practical and effective in disinfecting IT and AV equipment so that every employee can take this responsibility into their own hands.
1. Disinfectant Wipes
Provide disinfectant wipes to your employees so they can clean their IT equipment at least once a day. Employees have to pay special attention to objects that regularly come into contact with their hands, lips, and noses, such as telephones, keyboards, and computer mice. OVNU Personal Tech Wipes is an all-in-one, alcohol and ammonia-free solution that kills 99.9% of germs and is perfect for cleaning any electronic equipment, especially keyboards.
Keep in mind that you need to refer to product packaging or information online on whether the keys are removable. A lot of laptops, Apple keyboards and Macbooks have non-removable keys. Do not force keys out of your keyboard. If you cannot remove your keys, simply skip Step 1 and Step 3.
Step 1: Disassemble the Keys (If Advised To Do So)
- If it’s a desktop keyboard, remove the keys to allow access to all the nooks and crannies of the keyboard with a screwdriver or any tool that allows you to get in between the keys.
- Take a picture of the keyboard so that you have a reference on how to put the keys back the right way.
- Blow out all the dust and tap the keyboard upside down.
- Use the first wipe to clean each key individually.
- Then use the same wipe to clean the base of the keyboard, use a Q-tip with the wipe to get to the hard to reach places.
- Use the second wipe to dry and polish the keys and the base.
- Use the photograph from Step 1 and insert each key back to its original place.
2. Disinfectant Spray
Provide disinfectant spray to your employees that is safe to use on IT equipment as sprays containing alcohol can be abrasive which can cause significant damage to electronics. OVNU Personal Tech Cleaner is an ideal multi-purpose disinfectant for all your electronic equipment especially for screens as it is alcohol free and a non-abrasive solution.
How To Use Disinfectant Spray As a Screen CleanerStep 1: Turn Your Screen Off
- Turn off your screen and disconnect the power cord.
- Spray the alcohol and paraben-free disinfectant on the provided microfibre cloth (not on the screen directly) and swipe gently in horizontal motions.
- Polish and dry with the second microfibre cloth leaving the screen with no streaks or dust marks.
- Reconnect the power cord and you are good to go.
Having disinfectant wipes and spray at your employees disposal will incentivise the workers and guests to keep their equipment clean and germ-free. Ensure that everyone understands that IT equipment needs to be cleaned just as often, if not more, than other surfaces and objects in the workplace.